What is the difference between Microblading and Permanent Makeup?
This is a question I am hearing often as of lately with the craze of Microblading on the rise. Microblading is the newer semi- permanent makeup option used for eyebrows. Microblading is a hand tool techinique used to give you or enhance your non-existing or existing eyebrows. Permanent Makeup on the other hand is also used to give you similar results but may be administered many different ways. When receiving PMUP your technician may use a hand tap method, rotory or digital permanent makeup machine.
Micro blading tool
Digital Permanent Makeup Machine
The biggest differences that I see with these techniques-
Micro blading Permanent Makeup
• Lasts 8 months- 2 years * Touchup may not be needed until 3-5 years
• Smaller skinnier lines * Slightly thicker lines
• Scratching/slicing surface of skin * Digital tool method accuracy
• Ability to change shape later * Ability to alter shape later
• Organic Pigments- higher risk of allergy * Iron oxide pigments- low risk of alleregy
Either way you “Slice” it Semi-Permanent Micro Blading or 3D Hair Stroke Permanent Makeup is a great way to enhance your natural beauty and give you a HUGE confidence boost. The effect of permanent makeup is a huge decision and should not be taken lightly, I suggest researching the technician that you choose. Read reviews and ask plenty of questions to make sure your experience is a pleasant one! Happy Eyebrows!